Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sabbath Rest

I've been anticipating something like this to post for quite a bit of time now but it seems that the time has come to do it.

It seems that the time has come for The Hackney Hub to take something of a "Sabbath rest" from active blogging. The reasons for this are numerous but to give the reader an idea. There is an underlying shift in focus in my own thinking since I began this blog that has led to different emphases and opinions than I originally held when starting out. I thought I could gradually shift the rhetoric here and things would follow suit but I think a season of rest will provide the needed direction to envision the future of THH in the world of Anglican blogging.

Additionally, events in my personal life have made active blogging increasingly difficult and I feel that the quality of my posts has gradually decreased with each passing year. I have been trying to put together some posts of the same quality as I used to be able to produce but I am not feeling the energy to put together anything worth sharing, hence, I take this as a sign to give it a break and come back at a later point.

I don't think that the Sabbath rest I am intending to take here will necessarily mean that the blog will be inactive but I will be posting links and shorter pieces, rather than any longer more informative work.

I started this blog in the summer of 2010 -- I think four years of content and over two hundred original posts leaves the Internet world a lot to read and enjoy in the meantime. I hope to clean up some of the links and provide categories for old posts, to help organize them better.

I thank the reader for enjoying my work and I hope to come back with more energy and passion for the Anglican tradition.

- The Hackney Hub

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I speak for many when I say that the Hackney Hub is a much appreciated project, though I understand your need for a Sabbath rest. Sounds like you're at least going to leave the blog up, and for that I'm thankful. May God richly bless you as you enter this new phase of life and study.

Christopher Little

Anonymous said...

I very much agree. I go to the Hackney Hub for devout, thoughtful posts in the Anglican tradition. It avoids ephemera and news, and the fads that seem to wash over so much of Anglicanism. It is sound and sober. I am grateful for it, and I look forward with hope to new posts after a season of rest. In other words, I hope this is the Sabbath of Exodus and not the Sabbath of Hebrews!

Dale Matson said...

Not only is your blog well written, it is an important intersection in the Anglican Blogging world.
Fr. Dale Matson

Will said...

I want to thank you for all you have given us to think about over the last few years. To me this has been a most important contribution to the cause of Anglicanism. I pray that some day you may come back to writing again.

Anonymous said...

I miss the Hackney Hub.

Anonymous said...


I too miss the Hackney Hub, but thank you for your wonderful articles.

Seraphim the Anglican+

30 September 2015