Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Greetings

I am Consular, The Hackney Hub's new Guest Contributor - hopefully the first of many to come.

Born in eastern Canada in 1988, I was raised agnostic, with no knowledge of rational logic until 2009 - the year I found the "God of the Philosophers". Things progressed inevitably, after that point, to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

More than anything, I wish to use this blog communicate the joy of having received the life of the Trinity during Easter, 2011, in the sacrament of Baptism. Everything I do is in that context and must be seen in that light. Whether it is the music of Handel, the architecture of Sir Christopher Wren, or the poetry of George Herbert, the glory of God shines in the world.

The name Consular pertains to the consolatory and comforting nature of Christianity to those who are penitent. God is our consular Lord, adjectivally, and is The Consular of our souls, advising and providing for us. Mine is a young faith, but God gives teachers and doctors for learning and healing. Unfailing Providence is my guide.

I will begin by presenting a series on the differences between the 1662 Book of Common Prayer (our classic worship of God) and the 1962 Canadian edition, which was the last new B.C.P. composed in the traditional English of the Martyr-Archbishop Cranmer.

After the series I will be very glad to continue writing for this already glorious tribute to majestic Anglican worship of Almighty God.

Receive the peace of Christ,

Consular

No comments: